The Shambhala Transition Task Force have been asked to:
- Select and Appoint an Interim Board to serve for 1 year. The Interim Board will assume all legal and fiduciary responsibilities previously held by the Kalapa Council for Shambhala USA and Shambhala Canada. Shambhala Europe has a different legal structure, and it is currently in transition from the previous governance structure.
- Select and Appoint a Process Team. Working in tandem with the Interim Board, the Process Team will work with the community to facilitate community-wide healing and develop an appropriate and healthy governance structure for Shambhala world-wide.
The selection process will include input and recommendations received from the community.
What We Are Not
- We are not a board.
- We are not a replacement group for the Kalapa Council.
- We are not a leadership group.
- We are not responsible for governance.
- We are not responsible for developing a new governance structure.
What We Will Do
The Task Force has a time limited appointment. During this time, we will:
- Develop methods for receiving and evaluating community-wide input and recommendations for Interim Board and Process Team members.
- Meet at least once a week as a group.
- Join in sub-committee meetings and work throughout the week.
- Provide a forum or forums for communication and input.
- Send weekly updates to the community and post our weekly meeting minutes.
- Appoint members of a one-year Interim Board.
- Appoint Process Team members.